Monday, July 2, 2007

recovering from too much fun

I am officially having a lazy day. Yesterday was crammed full of Canada Day events. The Monkey sock was having a great time, too.



There was lots of jazz. We sat outside on the "mound" and listened to the Laura Crema Quartet. She was awesome - such great vocals.



We ate a lot of cherries. I gobbled down a chocolate filled croissant from my favourite bakery. We bought 2 different kinds of foccacia bread and a lemon poppyseed mini cake for lunch. Double yum! As you can see, the weather was absolutely perfect. The sun was out and there was only the tiniest bit of cloud. Since we were by the water, there was a nice breeze so we didn't get too hot sitting in the sun.

We hung out with my best friend and her boyfriend until he had to go to work. She and I exchanged birthday presents and I was thoroughly spoiled.



I got three (3!!!) books, rooibos chai tea (I love rooibos and chai tea but I've never had it together), and Murano glass earrings. I have already finished reading the Tumbling Blocks book. I knit her the Indigo Ripples skirt from the Spring 2007 IK. The colour is more accurate in the first picture.


Here are the details...
Yarn: 5 skeins Lana Knits allhemp3 in Deep Ocean
Needles: 2.75mm for the stockinette portion and 3mm Addi Lace for the lace section
Mods: I used the sssk for the mirrored decrease in the lace section. I changed the M1R increase to M1L in Round 25. Since I was using fingering weight yarn, I changed the rate of increases for the hips. But I used the instructions for the largest size to achieve a finished waist of 28" with the stockinette portion being 13" long and the overall length measures 21". I used 4 strands of yarn to crochet the waist tie instead of making an i-cord (it just wasn't working for me).

"I'm having a lazy day, too" - Ricky

No comments: