Sunday, July 8, 2007

it fits!

It fits! (blogger won't let me type in a title for this post)

Yesterday was my best friend's birthday. And she did me the honour of wearing the Indigo Ripples Skirt to her birthday party. It fits well considering that I only had her waist measurement plus all the mods that I made. She loves it and has already worn it to an interview (for a film that she's making).

The party was at her parents' place on Barnston Island. It takes me about half an hour to drive to the ferry. And then it's a 5 min ferry ride to the island. The ferry isn't a real 'ferry'. It's actually a tugboat strapped to a 4 car capacity barge.

Her parents have a small hobby farm with sheep and 2 donkeys. The sheep were in a far away field but the donkeys came up to the gate when I walked over to say hello. Buster is on the left and Dorothy is on the right. They are guard donkeys - used to protect the sheep from predators (coyotes & wild dogs).

A close-up shot of Buster - Dorothy moved just as I was taking the picture.

Their faces are covered with a see-through mesh to keep the flies and mosquitoes away from their eyes. And the mosquitoes were plenty! We were going to eat outside but we lasted about 2 mins before dragging all the food back into the house.

There was no knitting yesterday. I spent about 4 hours in the garden deadheading my peonies and delphiniums, cutting back my catmint (again!), trimming the cranesbill geranium and salvia that had flopped over (from the heavy rains), and doing some light weeding. Surprisingly, I don't feel too bad today. I thought some part of me would be sore after filling 3 large garbage cans with yard waste.

Off to have a look at how the Tour de France knitters are doing after day 1.

ETA: fixed the title. Thanks for the hint, Rete!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Blogger's having fits again -- if you hold your mouse just above the title bar, it'll let you click it. Nice skirt! Very cute.

catsmum said...

very very nice job on the skirt.