Thursday, July 19, 2007

wow




What a vacation. We had the best time. I don't have much time to blog this morning so I'll post more pictures and stories over the next few days. For now, here are a few stats for you.

41 - degrees Celsius (or 106F); the hottest it got and it felt hotter
53+ - number of mosquito bites on my poor body. Next time, I shouldn't wear my low cut bathing suit because mosquitoes will bite any exposed skin.
3 - quilt stores visited
1 - yarn store visited. I had hoped to visit one other but apparently it's only open during the winter months.
2 - days of Sea Doo'ing. Yahooooooo!
20 - inches knit on my hand towel
1 - inch knit on my sock
50 - percent off at a craft store. I bought lots of 6/0 seed beads. I might use them for a shawl or socks.
5 - quilts made by myself were at the campsite. That's the largest gathering of quilts outside my home. I'm impressed.

TDF KAL update
We did stop at Lac le Jeune for lunch on the drive out.



The little dock is used for fishing. One little boy ran back towards shore dragging his fishing net behind him and yelling, "Mom! Mom! I caught a fish!" When he turned the corner, the fish slipped through one of the net holes because it was so small. It was funny.

My sock yarn has arrived and I will be winding it all up this morning. I hope to make a good start on the socks this weekend.

PS. For those of you who live in the Lower Mainland, Woolaroo yarns (Abbotsford) and Aunt Debbie's Knit'n Stitch (Chilliwack) are having their summer 40% off sale (all reg. priced yarns) starting next Tues and running til Aug 4th.
PPS. Countryfolk quilt store (a few doors down from Woolaroo) is having a 50% off sale on lots of quilt fabrics.

No comments: