Saturday, February 24, 2007

Finally, a FO

I finally finished the second Tofutsies sock (my 15th pair of sox ever and my 5th pair for 2007). Yay! I really like the colours and they feel nice & cool on my feet. I can't wait to wear them.

As a reward for finishing my test knitting, I went out for a little retail therapy today. There is this store called Dressew. It's close enough to downtown that it's a pain to find parking plus it's in a very questionable neighbourhood so I don't visit that often. But they have hard to find crafty/sewing things (they have the best selection of fake fur fabrics) at very reasonable prices so it's worth the trip. I was going mostly to see if they had the magnetic clasps that I was looking for (they didn't) but I did find those snap bag closures that I wanted to try out. They're having a huge yarn sale. Lots of novelty/acrylic but all of it was only $1.99 per ball which is great if you're making hats or scarves. I didn't want any novelty stuff but I did find something that I could use. I bought 8 balls of JP Coats Speed-Cro-Sheen (for a total of 2400 yds). It's 100% mercerized cotton and reminds me of Super 10 cotton. I currently plan to use it for the Lace Nightie from IK's website. Woo woo! And if I have some leftover, I might make the thong, too.

I started the Canal Du Midi socks this afternoon. Nothing to show other than a little bit of ribbing. The cast-on instructions threw me for a loop. I was trying it out when it dawned on me that it was my usual cast-on but with 2 strands of yarn. Nancy Bush calls it a variation of the long tail cast-on but I think of it as my normal long tail cast-on. So much for learning a new cast-on. It'll be interesting to see how long it takes me to knit this sock. I bet the lace pattern will slow me down but I'm not sure how much once I've got it memorized. I don't care - I'll be glad to have a pair of lacy socks on my feet.

1 comment:

allergicmom said...

Good for you! I'm still knitting, but life is in the way of my blogging. Tony left for Oregon on Thursday, and got back after dinner tonight. And then Geoff whacked him in the nose during story time, so Tony went to emergency to see if anything's broken.