Thursday, February 1, 2007

what a week

(slight rant ahead - skip to the picture for knitting content)
First, the chimney is leaking. Then our land line is flaky - we can call out but people are having problems calling us. The phone company's coming tomorrow to check things out. My cell phone forwarding seems to be broken and there's a problem with my account so it can't be readily fixed. While I'm on the phone with tech support, I'm told that my phone will be obselete in a few months so I have to upgrade to a new phone. Didn't I get the notice in the mail? What notice?
This morning, I'm woken up by the sound of my cat retching in our bedroom. Not a good way to start the day. And then I find out that my dishwasher is being recalled. Can anything else go wrong?
(end of rant)


I finished the left front of Arwen yesterday at knit nite. I haven't knitted the hood because I want to knit it in one piece. Despite my slight panic about the armhole size in the original pattern, I added extra short rows and the sleeves fit fine. I think I will seam the back and left front together before I start the right front.

Because of my bad week, I indulged in a little retail therapy during knit nite. I bought a skein of Malabrigo in Velvet Grapes which I knit into a cowl/neck warmer for myself. I finished it tonite so I'll post pictures tomorrow. I also bought another skein of Tofutsies (before all the nice colours are gone).

If you've been reading this blog, you know that I have a blonde cat named Ricky. He sits pretty low on the IQ chart. When hubby got home today, Ricky promptly stuffed his head into my hubby's shoe and proceeded to sniff and roll around. He did this several times. It looked like he was drugged with catnip except there's no catnip in the shoes. He really likes the smell of feet. How bizarre... It doesn't end there. While we were eating supper, there was a strange noise and we turned around. Ricky's head was stuck between the wall and the TV cabinet. There's nothing back there except cables and dust bunnies. You gotta wonder about that cat.

G - if I can buy myself clogs for my July bday, you can get yourself a bag of Noro for your birthday this month.

No comments: