I went to Knit Nite tonite. I was the popular one as everyone admired my new neck warmer. I even wrote out the pattern for someone. The store got a new shipment of Malabrigo so I picked up a skein of Indigo (lots of blue but also shades of lavender, too). I'll use it to make myself another neck warmer.
I delivered the sample sock to the store tonite. It's proudly on display with the basket of Tofutsies sock yarn. I guess I should get started on the second one.
I spent today and this evening seaming up Arwen. I hated doing the cuff. What a mess - I mis-crossed cables, I was twisting stitches - ugh. I also ran into a problem when seaming the back shoulder to the arm. One was longer than the other. I originally started from the bottom of the armhole and worked towards the shoulder but I was getting puckers. So I ripped it out and started from the shoulder so that the puckers will be under the arm. It looks much better now. I kitchener'd the sleeve seam and the shoulder. That took forever. I am so glad that I did some of the finishing now. If I had to do all that seaming at the end, I might never finish it.
And then there was the moment of truth - I put it on and it fits! I only have one little quibble - the sleeves are a bit long so there's some bunchiness just above the cuff that obscures the cables a little bit. I think it's due to the fact that I was between sizes so I knit the next size up. That made the body wider and since the cardigan sports drop shoulders, it makes the sleeves longer. I am hoping that I can block the sleeve to the right length. Overall, I am very pleased. I am really motivated to get that right side knitted.