Thursday, January 25, 2007

cramps


I've worked on my Tofutsies sox ever since I cast on yesterday afternoon. I even took it with me to my weekly quilting gathering. I've knitted about an inch past the heel. But now I have to stop *sob*. My hand hurts and it's cramping up. But it's good TV nite - what am I going to do for the rest of the evening? I blame my hand on Grey's Anatomy Season 2. I got the DVDs this week and I've been watching and knitting (too much). Can you tell that I really like this yarn?

And I like my new Clover/Takumi bamboo needles. I had sworn never to use bamboo dpns again because of a bad experience. I bought a set of Crystal Palace dpns and halfway through the first sock, one of the tips split. I took them back to the store and exchanged them for another set. I finished the socks ok but when I started the next one, a chunk of bamboo was dangling from one of the needles on the next sock. It's not in the tip so I can fill it in with a little bit of glue/wax and sand it down. I think the problem is that the tips aren't sanded well and when the right tip rubs against the left needle, it's abrasive enough to do damage. The Clover/Takumi tips are a lot smoother and hopefully, they'll last long enough to finish the current sox.

Just before Christmas, I was visiting my parents and brought some sock knitting with me. My Mom - who taught me to knit & crochet - was fascinated by the short row heels & toes. So she whipped out some yarn and needles and I showed her how to do short rows. I talked to her today and she wants to knit her first sock. Yahoo! This is so cool. I am going over Saturday with some needles and sock yarn for her.


Ricky got into trouble today. I caught him chewing on a plant. He is such a bad cat.

No comments: