Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Second Sox




I finished these socks today. They are my second pair of sox for 2007. I got the yarn for Christmas from my father-in-law.

Yarn: KnitPicks Memories in Rocky Mountain Dusk
Needles: 2.25mm steel dpns
Pattern: Wendy's generic toe-up socks

I like these socks. The yarn knit up very nicely and the resulting fabric is very firm. I really like the narrow stripes. I may need to order more of this yarn in other colours.

I immediately cast on another sock with the Tofutsies yarn. That yarn is sooo slippery. I had to let got of a needle to sneeze and the needle fell out of the sock. Not good. So at Knit Nite tonite, I bought some sticky bamboo dpns and things are going much better.

There were lots of people at Knit Nite. E is working on the Equestrian Blazer from the Winter 2006 issue of IK. She's using Cascade 220 in a gorgeous dark teal. There were lots of socks being knitted. And lots of yarn being purchased. Everyone had a good time.

No comments: