Tuesday, March 25, 2008

back to normal

Phew! My cold is mostly gone - yay! I am almost feeling normal. I'm tired but mostly because of the weekend. Hubby's family descended and his youngest sister stayed overnight on Fri. Hubby took her to a movie and I met them afterwards for supper. On Saturday, we went to a bowling bday party for her. Right after the bowling party, we went to my parents for dinner. Mom kicked my ass at mah jong. We hosted Easter dinner at our place on Sunday. And after dragging my sick body around the house cleaning every nook and cranny, hubby walks his parents through the one room that I don't clean (we use it for storage plus the chest freezer and second fridge are in there). Of course, my drying skivvies are in plain view. Thanks a lot, honey.

I've managed to fit in some knitting time. Guess what's drying?


Pattern: Lace Ribbon scarf
Yarn: Misti Pima cotton/silk; 2 skeins in eggplant
Needles: 5.0mm straights
Notes: Aside from the obvious yarn/needle substitutions, I cast on 44 sts - one lace repeat less than the original pattern. I purled the first row (WS) before starting the lace chart. I ended the scarf on row 22 of the chart and then cast off on the next RS row. This pattern is easy to memorize and can be adapted to any yarn that you have. A great beginner lace project. I love the yarn. It was soooo soft to work with.

And new to my stash is some Araucania Ranco:


I think this will be used for my Monkey Pal's socks. I have a feeling that all my 2.5mm dpns are occupied right now so I might need to finish a project before I can start knitting. LOL!

2 comments:

Melissa Deutsch Scott said...

Dear Dotty: *waving to my monkey buddy* I hope you don't mind, but I didn't create a new anonymous email addy for the swap. I hope this doesn't out me too much if you are wanting an anonymous buddy. If you are ok with knowing the "real" woman behind the monkies, let me know and I'll send you a normal email. You extra special monkey sock yarn has been ordered -- keep your toes crossed it whisks its way to me this week.
Monkeybud

PurlingPirate said...

Oooh, that scarf is gorgeous! Love your new sock yarn!