Sunday, March 30, 2008

hail, snow, sun

The weather's really wacky. We've had hail several times this weekend. The roof went completely white yesterday night. This morning, we woke up to a snowy lawn. Right now, it's sunny and glorious. Hubby's headed out for a bike ride before the weather changes its mind again. I should get out and do some gardening.

I knit my wee tiny sock yesterday morning. It didn't quite turn out the way I'd hoped. So I knit another one which looks a lot better. Since my pal knows who I am, I can't post pictures until she receives her sock.

In between the 2 socks, I worked on my secret knitting project. The link goes to the Ravelry project and I know the recipient doesn't have a Ravelry account so go take a look. It's fiddly knitting so I only feel like working on it when I have the energy to concentrate.

When I got bored of that, I started a plain toe-up sock.


I'm using the yarn that I won from Nikki's blog contest. It's the first time I've ever knit with STR. I am impressed with the way this yarn feels. It's kinda cable-y but in a nice way. I love the colours!

3 comments:

Bea said...

Love the sock. Such pretty colors!

Nikki said...

That knits up purty!!! What coloway was it again? I may have to get some for me :)

Anonymous said...

your wee sock is on its way!