Friday, March 28, 2008

definitely not spring

It's snowing. Big fat flakes are falling out of the sky. It's March 28th. It's officially spring, right? Even Ricky thinks the snow is interesting enough to watch.



I made a quick trip out to a lys to pick up some dpns. I'm staying home the rest of the day to work on my Monkey swap socks and watch Doctor Who. Do you like my Monkeys?


I'm using a new yarn - Araucania Ranco (col 110 mauve). I got a skein from Fun Knits on Tues. I had been contemplating using a different yarn for my pal's socks but when this arrived, I knew it would be perfect for her. Ranco reminds me of Trekking XXL but slightly thicker. And the price is so reasonable - $13.55 for semi-solids and $14.95 for the multi. This may be my new favourite sock yarn!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love both your monkeys.:O) I have a special love for things monkey! The sock is gorgeous. I gotta find me some of that yarn. The pattern definition is lovely and the colour is beautiful! I think I'll go back and do my monkey socks soon. Got sidetracked....

PurlingPirate said...

Your post brightened up my sucky day. Your monkeys are so nice. (I had to rip mine.)
And your snow looks wonderful to me. We were 85 yesterday, today we are rainy and 62.

Bea said...

Love the kitty photos. They are so cute! And the monkey with the monkeys is clever.

knitseashore said...

Poor Ricky! No birds to watch for now. It's only barely 40F here, so don't feel bad.