Sunday, March 16, 2008

catching up

I am feeling a whole lot better today. I've washed the floors, cleaned out the family room (you should've seen all the yarn I had to put away from my recent purchases - eek!), processed 2 loads of laundry, and did a few knitterly things.

Remember the Peapod baby set and booties that I was knitting? They've been sitting in the WIP pile because I've been too lazy to sew the buttons on. So I did that this morning...


Awwwwwww! They're so cute.

Yesterday night (lounging in bed while hubby was at a baby shower), I knitted up the gusset for the Brea bag.


I managed to knit the gusset to both sides so that I didn't have to seam it afterwards. It worked out well. I did not do the gusset increases because I thought it would make the bag too wide. I have a bajillion ends to weave in and then I need to do something about the lining, zipper, and shoulder strap.

And here is my current mindless knitting project:


Iris commissioned me to make her some fingerless mitts. She gave me 4 skeins of Patons Kroy (in Tutti Frutti) a few weeks ago (I was hoping for some plain yarn so that I could do something cable-y - oh well). They're a plain 3x1 rib and I plan to do an afterthought thumb.

I've also been working on some swatches for a Jean Wong finishing class in April. I need 11 swatches and I knit 5 yesterday night.

According to Ravelry, I have 17 WIPs. I started the year at 16. Obviously, I'm starting projects faster than I'm finishing them. Ugh!

No comments: