Thursday, March 27, 2008

random Thursday

The scarf has dried (with the help of a small fan) and it's absolutely stunning.


Finished measurements are 10" by 70". It's big but it scrunches up nicely when worn. I can see this scarf getting a lot of use. I am already thinking about making another one. I have 2 skeins of Green Mountain Spinnery Sylvan Spirit in my stash...

My Elann.com Camila order arrived. And what they call "Cloud Grey" is an ugly beige-y/grey putty colour. Blech!


Good thing that I ordered a bag of the Sky Blue, too. So I'm using the ugly colour to swatch for the Auburn Camp Shirt. Of course, the required yarn is fingering and Camila is DK. Lots of fancy maths for me to do if I want to make this.

I need a bumper sticker that says "I brake for geese". I live very close to a large lake. It's surrounded by a forested area so the geese that frequent the lake need to find adjacent land to sun bathe, eat, and sleep. One of the industrial/commercial properties nearest to the lake has a large open grassy area and during the day you can find a pair or two lying on the lawn. But they don't stay on the lawn. Twice, I've had to stop in the middle of the road and wait for the geese to waddle across it. Of course, the cars behind me don't understand why I've stopped which is why I need the bumper sticker.

Ricky has recently discovered my shopping basket in the front entrance. I guess he wants to go shopping with me?

1 comment:

PurlingPirate said...

That scarf is beautiful!!! And that color is so me!!! If you ever want to loan it out, call me!