Saturday, March 15, 2008

sock yarn mittens


Pattern: made up but it's basically ribbing, your standard thumb gusset, and a round toe (a la Nancy Bush - pg 20 in Knitting Vintage Socks)
Yarn: Trekking XXL colour 126
Needles: 2.5mm Harmony dpns for the left; 2.5mm metal dpns for the right
Notes: The left mitten is slightly larger than the right one. Mittens weigh 50g so I have enough leftover yarn to make another pair.

Last year, I made mittens for hubby out of some sock yarn and he says they're perfect so I made myself a pair. They took awhile to finish because I was so disappointed after the fat thumb incident. When you're sick, you only want to knit plain stuff so it was the perfect opportunity to finish them.

Thanks for all your get well wishes. I was feeling better but then I got worse. I'm still really tired and icky feeling. I had a 3 hour snooze yesterday afternoon and I still went to bed on time. I've been catching up on a lot of DVD watching - Due South, Love Actually (almost pee'd my pants laughing), Doctor Who (season 3 of the new series), and ST Enterprise. I'm pretty sure we're going to max out our DVD subscription this month.

2 comments:

PurlingPirate said...

Your mittens look awesome! I'm sending you all my "get well" wishes and vibes.

Knitting it Out in an Urban Zoo said...

Those mittens are GREAT! I'm very tempted to make a pair myself :)