Monday, March 3, 2008

I have ADD?

There's something wrong with me. I've started 2 other blog posts and deleted both of them - one where I whine about the cats & hubby (won't go into details but I'll just say it involved a lot of carpet shampooing) and the other one whines about how busy/tired I am (last week I was home 3 evenings and out the other 4).

To be honest, I don't have much knitting to blog about. I can't seem to concentrate on any one thing. I knit a row here and there on my 15 or so WIPs. I sit in front of the sewing machine for an hour and do a little machine quilting. But none of it is very exciting. Maybe I have the winter blahs? Although, the weather was pretty decent all last week so I did get a good dose of vitamin D. I dunno...

Yesterday, I went out and did a little shopping for my swap pal and I picked up the yarn for Rivendell.


This photo doesn't show the true colour of the yarn. I'm using Nature's Palette in Hydrangea which is grey with a touch of purple and pinkish highlights. I liked it better in the skein. The colours don't show up as well after its been knitted up. That's ok. I think I love this pattern so much that I'll be knitting it many more times. I do have lots of sock yarn!

The yarn's also turning my fingers blue. Some of the dye is rubbing off and staining my nails and fingers. This is surprising since the yarn is pretty pale to begin with. Maybe it's the natural dyes?

Anyways, I've got more shopping to do today for my swap pal (I want to get her package out this week), plus a trip to the garden center (need some primulas/pansies for the planter by the front door), and a visit to Lee Valley to pick up a composter. Yep, it looks like another busy week.

1 comment:

PurlingPirate said...

For someone with ADD, you sure have got a lot done on that sock! It's gorgeous!