Thursday, March 15, 2007

Socks, socks, socks!

Cashmere socks, started at the beginning of the month, and cast off tonight. That picot cast off is hard to do when I'm also getting jumped on by two boys! It's hard to see, but I used the Dublin Bay lace pattern up the sides of the socks.

This pair is kinda cool. The socknitters list was talking about the strong heel from Knitters, and I actually had that issue of the magazine! And then I googled it to find more info, and got the Amy's Socks pattern. I wanted to try it out to see what it would do to the strong colour repeats of this yarn, and it was didn't really break the colour repeats, which was cool. I also got to try an eye of partridge heel for these socks. And now they're off to Tony's sister, because she admired them when I was knitting them, and because it was her birthday.

And finally, the Sock Madness pair, knit with Austermann Step and a heathered blue yarn. There are some contrast issues, so you can't see the Mad Cow pattern too well, but I really like them nonetheless.

And now I'm in pattern paralysis. I've got a ton of gorgeous yarns, and I can't decide what to make next. So I've grabbed a self-patterning silk opal that I got off the Destash blog, to do a plain stockinette sock while I'm trying to make up my mind.

No comments: