Sunday, March 11, 2007

Soggy Sunday

It's been pouring all day long. What a gloomy day. We're getting water dripping down the chimney again. Just the odd drip so we're not too worried. It's not the deluge we used to get before the mortar repairs.

Anyways, it's a perfect day to hunker down and do something crafty.

I sewed up the 9 leftover blocks from the Night Weave quilt into a cushion cover. I need to pick up a cushion that fits. The only one I had on hand is a little too small.

After that, I made myself a small sock knitting bag. I bought some metal spring hinges and I wanted to try them out. I've been dreaming about a bag that stands upright when it's open and closes tightly so that the contents don't fall out. I don't like zippers (plus I find yarn gets stuck in the zipper teeth) so when I saw these spring hinges, I thought I would give them a try (they're also cheaper than a zipper). I dug out some fabric and quickly sewed up a bag and inserted the spring hinge. It works well except it flops a bit if it's empty. I also did not allow enough ease for the hinge so it doesn't snap close. You have to coax it a little but it does shut all the way.
I was out fabric shopping yesterday and I picked up the cutest fabric. I don't know what I'll do with it but I had to have some.

I finished knitting the neck warmer for Cathy yesterday night. Hubby and I were watching a super dumb movie - Family Guy Presents: Stewie Griffin - The Untold Story. I can stand watching the show but the movie was just trash.
Off to make supper - we're having curried lamb sweet potato stew. Yum!

No comments: